The FencingSA Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Tuesday 11 October.
Nominations are now open for Board Positions - nominations are not for any particular position, once the nominations are voted on at the AGM, positions will be assigned internally by the Board members.
We are particularly keen to receive nominations from anyone with abilities or experience in treasury/finance.
You do not need to have actively fenced to nominate for the Board - the current Board is a mix of fencers, fencing parents and coaches. We are seeking members of our community who want to contribute to the strategic development of the sport in SA.
Board roles and responsibilities
Being on the Board includes, but is not limited to:
- Actively undertaking the work of the Board
- Attending and participating at Board meetings (every four weeks), having read and considered the relevant papers
- Respecting the confidentiality of Board meetings and proceedings
- Being supportive of the FSA calendar of events, and attending/assisting where possible
- Be endorsed by an affliliate member (club), and disclose any position the nominee holds in a Club, including as an Officer, a Participant, a Delegate or an Employee.
- Be sent via email to email@example.com
- Be received no later than COB 5 September 2022