Due to the circumstances arising from the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board of Fencing SA after careful deliberation and consultation has agreed to indefinitely postpone the following events on our calendar:
· 2020 Future Champions Cup
· 2020 April Development Camp
Fencing SA is continuing to monitor the situation regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the priority for Fencing SA is the safety and well-being of our members and families.
Open events scheduled for tomorrow will proceed as scheduled.
Please ensure that you have and use your own equipment and in particular do not share the use of Masks and Gloves.
Fencing SA recommends preventative actions regarding respiratory illnesses, including:
Practising good hand hygiene and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best defence against most viruses.
o Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet;
o Cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser; and
o If unwell, avoid contact with others (touching, kissing, hugging, and other close contact)
As with all illnesses, it’s important that you stay home if you are unwell.
If you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath, please do not attend your club nor attend any of Fencing SA events. Please seek medical advice.
If you have confirmed coronavirus, or go into isolation, please let your club and Fencing SA know immediately. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board will continue to monitor COVID-19 developments as they evolve and will update regularly in regards to future local competitions.
Fencers also please note that The Australian Fencing Federation has postponed DH McKenzie Tournament AFC1 that was scheduled for Brisbane in 3-5 April.
Anyone who has recently visited the following countries is requested to not attend a club or fencing competition for 14 days after they have travelled from or through a high-risk country:
It is recommended that you should self-isolate for 14 days if you:
Live with someone who has travelled through one of the high-risk countries listed above in the last 14 days
Have come into close contact or live with someone who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
Recommendations for Clubs
· Make sure to have hand sanitizer and tissues in high traffic areas throughout the training or competition space, including near bout committee tables, water dispensers, score tables, etc.
· Ensure masks and gloves are not shared
· Wash all shared gear and use sanitising wipes on weapons in between uses.
· Keep sanitizing wipes near spools/boxes and other frequently touched equipment.
· As always, make sure bathrooms are properly cleaned on a frequent basis.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces regularly.
Keep up to date with the latest official advice from the Australian Government Department of Health: